Windows Genuine Advantage (WGA) is an anti-piracy system created by Microsoft that enforces online validation of the licensing of several recent Microsoft Windows operating systems when accessing several services, such as Windows Update, and downloading Windows components from the Microsoft Download Center. In Windows 7, WGA is renamed Windows Activation Technology.
Steps to remove wga notification
- Start Windows in safe mode i.e. Start your PC and press F8 before loading of windows and select safe mode from the list.
- Open Task Manager(Ctrl+Shift+Esc) or Right click on taskbar then select Task Manager.
- Now Click on the processes Tab.
- Now Find the processes that is name with wgatray.exe, Right Click on it and select End process Tree. Click Yes.
- Now Open My Computer,
- Go to Tools>Folder Option>View,
- Select “Show Hidden Files and Folders” and uncheck “Hide protected operating system files option”.
- Now Delete “WgaTray.exe” from “c:\Windows\System32” and “c:\Windows\System32\dllcache” i.e. from both of the locations.
- Now open RUN dialog box and type regedit.(i.e. Start>Run) and click ok.(It will run Registry Editor).
- Browse or go to the following location:
- Delete the folder named “WgaLogon” and all its contents from their(i.e. from registry editor)
For Windows 7 and Server 2008 R2:
- Their is a very simple process for Windows 7 .
- Just download the tool from here and extract it using Winrar or 7zip.
- Now Right Click on the file and then select Run as administrator.
- After that click on RemoveWAT.
- Its will ask for restart of your pc and it is done…
Download WGA remover from here.
If any quarries suggestion or any problem do post here or on facebook here