Installing Mac OS X 10.6.6 i.e. “Snow Leopard” on any non apple h/w PCs has never been so Easy
A very step by step process Guide for all level geeks(i.e. the lucky 9 steps guide)
First install it as a virtual machine;
if it works then I will tell you wht exactly you need to do for preparing your own custom distro with the kexts from the virtual machine into the USB.
Create a virtual machine instance that runs OSX 10.6.6 on VMWARE Workstation on Windows PC.
First download these two things:
Pre-requisites / Downloads:
VMware Workstation 7(preferred)
Mac OSX 10.6.6 Vmware Image(preffered)
Running Mac OSX 10.6.6 in VMWare Workstation, if you already know to work with VMWare then it will not be tricky or if you need help do post in comments.
2. Launch VMWare Workstation and Select “Open Existing VM or Team”
Unzip downloaded file and Browse and Select MacOs10.6.6 (If it asks you to “Take Ownership”, do so.(because of the UAC settings))
For the first Run, do not change settings, just Power on the virtual machine.
e.x.: Select “Moved it” if you get a prompt about virtual machine files.
3. At run time, you would see the empire EFI screen, click on the screen so that you are “In” the virtual machine(e.g. Fullscreen) and Press F5.
4. Using your directional keys on the keyboard, press the “Left” arrow to chose the “mac” named hard drive.
Here comes the Language Settings:——
5. On arrow pad again, hit the “Down” arrow. Go down once more to the
“Boot Verbose” option.
6. On the bottom of Mac desktop, hit the gear looking icon (system preferences.)
7. In the top category select the thing that looks like a flag. Click and drag English to the top.
8. Go to next tab and choose the top two tabs to “U.S. English” and “English (United States).”
9. When done, log out. On next login it will ask you password. Just hit enter, there’s no password set.
Enjoy.!! Now you are now up and running Mac OSX in Vmware.
You can configure settings for your virtual machine on next boot.
Tweak your RAM and Video RAM settings for faster processing especially the VRAM settings as needed.
If you do need the DL links then do comment:
and do comment if it is dead or for any assistant.