Guys, You may be facing problem in Windows 8 while installing some old Games or software’s that it is asking you to enable or activate dotnet 3.5 framework like I faced while going to play Call of Duty Modern Warefare 2 online on fourdeltaone servers. That is because by default Windows 8 comes with .Net Framework 4.5 and the .Net Framework 3.5 features are not installed. Like this there are several programs may ask you to install this. And you can’t install this from your PC. It will ask you to connect to the Internet or try to use Windows Update. But you can’t install it from a local installation media or offline because when you double click on the offline installer i.e. dotnetfx35.exe it will show you the same prompt because it is also developed in earlier version of .Net framework.
While you go on installing .Net 3.5 that you have previously downloaded you will see this prompt .
So, what you can do is to resolve this is ..
Windows 8 installation DVD or setup files or iso of it.
1) Insert your Windows 8 DVD or Mount your iso file (Right on the iso and click Mount) in case you have the iso or copy your setup files to a directory. But remember the drive letter i.e. of the DVD or the Mounted iso or the path of the files where you have previously copied the setup files.
2) Now, run a elevated Command prompt as (Click: Start > Type cmd > Now right click on Command Prompt and click on Run as Administrator from the submenu).
3) Now, copy the commands from below in the command prompt.
DISM /Online /Enable-Feature /FeatureName:NetFx3 /All /Source:L:\sources\sxs /LimitAccess
(Remember L: is the drive letter in my case of the Windows 8 iso, change it according to your DVD or the path as “C:\newfolder\sources\sxs” (incase you have copied the setup files to C drive newfolder))
Windows Genuine Advantage (WGA) is an anti-piracy system created by Microsoft that enforces online validation of the licensing of several recent Microsoft Windows operating systems when accessing several services, such as Windows Update, and downloading Windows components from the Microsoft Download Center. In Windows 7, WGA is renamed Windows Activation Technology.
For Windows XP (Do It Yourself process):(it supports 2003 Server also)(noobs)
Steps to remove wga notification
- Start Windows in safe mode i.e. Start your PC and press F8 before loading of windows and select safe mode from the list.
- Open Task Manager(Ctrl+Shift+Esc) or Right click on taskbar then select Task Manager.
- Now Click on the processes Tab.
- Now Find the processes that is name with wgatray.exe, Right Click on it and select End process Tree. Click Yes.
- Now Open My Computer,
- Go to Tools>Folder Option>View,
- Select “Show Hidden Files and Folders” and uncheck “Hide protected operating system files option”.
- Now Delete “WgaTray.exe” from “c:\Windows\System32” and “c:\Windows\System32\dllcache” i.e. from both of the locations.
- Now open RUN dialog box and type regedit.(i.e. Start>Run) and click ok.(It will run Registry Editor).
- Browse or go to the following location:
- Delete the folder named “WgaLogon” and all its contents from their(i.e. from registry editor)
For Windows 7 and Server 2008 R2:
- Their is a very simple process for Windows 7 .
- Just download the tool from here and extract it using Winrar or 7zip.
- Now Right Click on the file and then select Run as administrator.
- After that click on RemoveWAT.
- Its will ask for restart of your pc and it is done…
Download WGA remover from here.
If any quarries suggestion or any problem do post here or on facebook here
Got a new Laptop or net-book that came with pre-installed drivers, but you are going to upgrade or re-install the O.S. but don’t have a driver CD or your driver CD is missing? Then here is a easy way of backing up all of your original installed drivers (OEM drivers) and restoring with a few clicks! Means you don’t have go to your manufactures websites for downloading all the drivers each time your’e re-installing.
So, here is a tool that can backup all your drivers and restore when needed.It works on your most favorite version of Windows i.e. XP/Vista/7.
Just download Double_Driver and extract it to your desired location and run it(by double clicking on dd), and just follow the step by step process.
BACKING UP Process:
- Firstly Go to Backup by clicking on it.
- Now click on Scan Current System, it will automatically select all the drivers installed, except Microsoft(i.e. bundled with the OS).
- Now Click on Backup Now,
- Now it will ask for where to save the backup file and the output type, Select your desired location by clicking on browse and then select Compressed zip (because it is more secure from viruses and will take less space).
- Now Click on Restore and then Click on Locate Backup as displayed above.
- Now Click on Compressed Zip and select your backup file(.zip) that you saved earlier and Click OK
- All Done, Reboot your PC and enjoy start using your PC as it was in factory condition.
*Note: you will need a utility to extract the file like Winrar,7zip.
Download Link for Double_Driver here